The Women’s Center is committed to reaching out across campus and into the broader community to bring people together for support and community-building, and to work in partnership to best serve all students, staff and faculty at Virginia Tech. To this end we coordinate committees, working groups, and support groups that address issues that disproportionately and uniquely impact women, as well as to illuminate the needs, concerns, and accomplishments of women on our campus.
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Are you interested in reserving space at the Women's Center? Click here to submit your request.
- KIDS' NIGHT OUT!, Thursdays @ 6-8:30PM, Women's Center (every Thursday night of the semester except when the university is closed or there is a home football game)
- The Women's Leadership & Mentoring Program (WLMP) is undergoing a thorough program review during the 2017-18 year. The program will resume in 2018-19. Thank you so much for your interest.
- SEPT 15th & 18th, SAVES Interviews
SEPT 23th, 30th & OCT 20th, 9AM-3PM, SAVES Mandatory Training
- SEPT 19th @ 4-6PM, Owens Banquet Hall, Welcome Reception for New Women Colleauges (to RSVP visit here)
- SEPT 28th @ Noon-1:30PM, The Inn at VT, AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Lunch featuring speaker Rachel Holloway, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs (to RSVP visit here)
- OCT 3rd @ 4-5PM (and every Tuesday through December 12th), Women's Center, Working Through Trauma Support Group for Survivors of Sexual Violence, 4-5PM, Women's Center
- OCT 6th @ Noon, North End Center, MeFirst! Fridays: Making Your Job Work for You" (To register, visit the UOPD website, click "Register Now" and search for "MeFirst! Fridays")
- OCT 17th @ 7PM, Fralin Auditorium, Through Feminist Eyes feat. Dr. Shannon Elizabeth Bell, Associate Professor of Sociology, "Fighting Fire with Fire: Fossil Fuel Industries and the Gendering of Public Relations Strategies"
- NOV 8th @7PM, Fralin Auditorium, Through Feminist Eyes feat. Dr. Ashley V. Reichelmann, Assistant Professor of Sociology, “Using Magic to Reimagine Womanhood: Gender, Witchcraft, and Identity Politics”