Sexual Violence Prevention Council
The Sexual Violence Prevention Council (SVPC) is comprised of a multidisciplinary group of campus and community representatives and provides a coordinated response and prevention framework to gender-based violence issues in the university. This is accomplished through collaborating across campus and in the community, enhancing the knowledge base, and serving as a resource to those affected by gender-based violence. Specifically, SVPC aids in the development and enhancement of the university response protocols on gender-based violence, assists in coordinating prevention and outreach initiatives, and provides collaborative opportunities between departments and community agencies. The Women's Center no longer coordinates this council, but is glad to be a member and to be represented on the Coordinating Committee. For further information, please contact Ennis McCrery, Title IX Investigator and Gender-based Violence Prevention Specialist, at email@example.com or (540) 231-3605.
Women's Month Advisory Committee
The Women’s Center organizes the annual Women’s Month celebration at Virginia Tech. Throughout the month of March, various events, most of which are free of cost, are open to the community. The Women's Month Advisory Committee is comprised of faculty, staff and students and oversees the planning and coordination of the Women's Month calendar. The Advisory Committee reviews event proposals and ensures that events on the calendar recognize, affirm and showcase the achievements, concerns and diversity of women at VT. The committee also selects the featured events for the Month and oversees all promotion efforts for Women's Month.
For more information on Women’s Month, contact the Women’s Month Coordinator, Mallory Foutch at (540) 231-7806.
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- March is Women's Month!!
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Apply by MAR 31st for a fall 2017 Women's Center Internship! Click here for more information.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a SAVES peer educator. Applications due no later than MAR 31st!
- MAR 29th @ 12-1:30PM, 310 Kelly Hall, VT Women's Alliance Open Meeting