Stop Abuse Guest Lectures for Faculty
Looking for some fun and educational programs that address tough issues? Look no further than the Women's Center at Virginia Tech! Programs are interactive, informative, and full of helpful resources and tips! Topics can be adapted, and generally include sexual assault and consent, relationship violence, healthy relationships, stalking, and the impact of media on gender-based violence. To request a Stop Abuse guest lecture or film screening for your class, please contact Katie Mey. Requests should be submitted at least 7 business days in advance; the more notice you give us, the better able we will be to accommodate your request.
View a list of our guest lectures and film screenings.
Presentations for Residence Halls and Student Organizations
The Sexual Assault and Violence Education by Students (SAVES) peer education team facilitates interactive and educational programs that address sexual assault, healthy relationships, stalking, and the effects of media on gender-based violence. To request a SAVES presentation for your residence hall, student group, or other organization, please contact Katie Mey. Requests should be submitted at least 7 business days in advance; the more notice you give us, the better able we will be to accommodate your request.
Mentors in Violence Prevention
This national program uses a bystander empowerment approach to preventing men’s violence against women. Instead of looking at participants as victims or perpetrators, the curriculum focuses on teaching participants concrete skills they can use as bystanders to intervene in potentially abusive situations. Learn more about the VT MVP program to see how you can bring it to your group.
$tart$mart Salary Negotiation Workshops
AAUW’s $tart$mart program is designed to empower women with the skills and confidence to successfully negotiate their salary and benefits packages. By learning strategies and practicing effective language, participants gain valuable skills they can use throughout their lives — well beyond their next negotiation. For information on $tart$mart Workshops, contact Mallory Foutch.
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- March is Women's Month!!
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Apply by MAR 31st for a fall 2017 Women's Center Internship! Click here for more information.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a SAVES peer educator. Applications due no later than MAR 31st!
- MAR 29th @ 12-1:30PM, 310 Kelly Hall, VT Women's Alliance Open Meeting