Take some “me” time out of your busy day and join us for this new workshop series for staff women who wish to gain leadership knowledge and experience in a supportive and casual environment.
In cooperation with the Staff Senate, the Women’s Center is excited to offer the “Me First!” Fridays Professional Development series, designed to provide Virginia Tech’s staff women with a monthly, brownbag series of sessions on topics related to professional development.
Each session is facilitated by Virginia Tech colleagues. There is no cost for participation and registration is required. To register for session, go to training.vt.edu and search for "Me First! Friday". Bring your lunch – drinks and sweet treats will be provided. Sessions will run from Noon-1:15PM. For more information or to suggest session topics, contact Jessie Meltsner.
SPRING 2017 SESSIONS
February 3rd @ Noon-1:15PM: Generations at Work, presented by Linda Greene [this session is currently full]
The session will use discussions and personal reflections to develop skills to effectively communicate across generations and minimize misunderstandings. In order to achieve this outcome we need to recognize how generational perspectives shape the ways we regard and interact with our colleagues.
March 3rd @ Noon-1:15PM: Communicating Respectfully in a Diverse World, presented by Alicia Cohen
Explore communication skills for promoting inclusion and respect in the workplace and ways to use your voice to effectively address issues of disrespect. This is a condensed version of the full UOPD seminar on the same topic.
April 7th @ Noon-1:15PM: Wellness 101: Are You Thriving?, presented by Shelly Rasnick
This workshop helps participants gain a deeper understanding of wellness and how they can begin to "thrive" in the different areas of their lives. WE will review behaviors related to the different dimensions of well-being. Participants will work to identify which areas they are excelling in and where they may be struggling so that they can create a personal action plan for a happier, healthier self.
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- March is Women's Month!!
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Apply by MAR 31st for a fall 2017 Women's Center Internship! Click here for more information.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a SAVES peer educator. Applications due no later than MAR 31st!
- MAR 29th @ 12-1:30PM, 310 Kelly Hall, VT Women's Alliance Open Meeting