In the spirit of Ut Prosim, the Virginia Tech Women's Alliance champions an equitable and inclusive culture.
The Women's Alliance, in solidarity with caucuses and other university and community allies, provides the Virginia Tech community a forum to achieve shared goals and promote opportunities for underrepresented groups, which includes women of all identities by advancing:
- Dialogue among the Women's Alliance and the university community
- Campus services and programs that address the needs of women
- Efforts to remove systemic barriers to advancement
- Equity in hiring, promotion, and compensation
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Access to quality childcare for university employees and students
- Positive and inclusive campus climate
- Identification and resolution of campus equity and safety issues
Spring 2017 Alliance Meeting Schedule:
Thursday afternoon meetings followed by Happy Hour at The Inn at VT
- Wednesday, March 15 @ 5:30PM & 7:00PM: The Women's Alliance will gather at the Rivermill at 5:30PM for dinner/drinks, then walk to the Women's Month screening of the acclaimed film "Hidden Figures," sponsored by the Black Student Alliance (7:00PM in Haymarket Theatre, Squires)
- Wednesday, March 22 @ 7:30PM, Newman Library Multipurpose Room, join us for "A Seat at the Table, and a Microphone," a dialogue on the experiences of women of color in the workplace. A joint program of the Black Graduate Student Organization, Women's Alliance, and the Black Caucus of Virginia Tech
- Wednesday, March 29 @ 12-1:30PM, 310 Kelly Hall (Open Meeting). We will be taking nominations for the new CEOD rep and other executive team positions at this meeting. Please consider nominating colleagues or self-nominating for these positions. A description of the positions and the meeting agenda will be sent at a later date.
- Thursday, April 27 @ 4-5:30PM, Location TBD (Open Meeting)
UPCOMING CONVERSATION SERIES
The Women’s Alliance has partnered with the Office of Inclusion and Diversity to host a series of conversations about the experiences of women at Virginia Tech. Please RSVP at the links below to join a conversation:
Conversation with Women Administrative/Professional Faculty at Virginia Tech. Please mark your calendar for Monday, April 10, at 1:30pm in Owens Banquet Hall. The conversation will provide an opportunity for women AP faculty to share ideas and suggestions related to promoting and enhancing the success of women at VT. Your perspectives will inform the development of specific follow up strategies. Space is limited to the first 100 respondents. Please RSVP by 5pm, March 31 (link below): Join the Conversation!
Conversation with Women Staff at Virginia Tech. Please mark your calendar for Monday, April 10, at 1:30pm in Owens Banquet Hall. The conversation will provide an opportunity for women staff to share ideas and suggestions related to promoting and enhancing the success of women at VT. Your perspectives will inform the development of specific follow up strategies. Space is limited to the first 100 respondents. Please RSVP by 5pm, March 31 (link below): Join the Conversation!
Women Doctoral Students – Wednesday, February 22 @ 8:30 am, Owens Banquet Hall
Women Instructional Faculty / Women Research Faculty – Wednesday, February 22 @ 10:30 am, Owens Banquet Hall
Tenure Track Women Faculty – Thursday, February 23 @ 10:30 am, Owens Banquet Hall
Tenured Women Faculty – Thursday, February 23 @ 1 pm, Owens Banquet Hall
Women at Virginia Tech
It is a dynamic time for women and our allies at Virginia Tech! Read more...
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- March is Women's Month!!
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Apply by MAR 31st for a fall 2017 Women's Center Internship! Click here for more information.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a SAVES peer educator. Applications due no later than MAR 31st!
- MAR 29th @ 12-1:30PM, 310 Kelly Hall, VT Women's Alliance Open Meeting