Women’s Center Equity-based Initiatives:
- Women’s Month
- Through Feminist Eyes speaker series
- Presentations and workshops focusing on a variety of equity-related issues
Women’s Center Gender-based Violence Initiatives:
- Prevention and Education Services:
- Counseling and Advocacy Services:
- Individual and group counseling for victims and survivors (and their friends and families)
- Advocacy within the university and community systems (including housing, academics, Title IX regulations, etc.)
- Training for campus responders and allied professionals
- Sexual Violence Prevention Council (SVPC)
Women’s Center Leadership-based Initiatives:
- Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program (WLMP)
- AdvanceVT/Women’s Center Leadership Lunch Series
- “Me First!” Fridays Professional Development series for staff women
- Student engagement opportunities:
Women’s Center Wellness-based Initiatives:
Women’s Center Networking & Support-based Initiatives:
- VT Women Connect
AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Lunch Series
- The VT Women's Alliance
- Kids' Night Out
- Working Moms’ Group (and listserv)
- Counseling and Advocacy Services
The Women's Center is located in the yellow house at 206 Washington Street (between Draper Road and Otey Street). We are conveniently located adjacent to campus and a block from Downtown Blacksburg.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour assistance, please call one of the following:
Emergency Assistance, 911 (police)
Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley, (540) 639-1123
Cook Counseling Center, (540) 231-6444
Virginia Tech Police, (540) 231-6411 (non-emergency)
Blacksburg Police Department (540) 961-1150 (non-emergency)
Schiffert Health Center, (540) 231-6444
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- March is Women's Month!!
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Apply by MAR 31st for a fall 2017 Women's Center Internship! Click here for more information.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a SAVES peer educator. Applications due no later than MAR 31st!
- MAR 29th @ 12-1:30PM, 310 Kelly Hall, VT Women's Alliance Open Meeting