Volunteer Opportunities: The Women’s Center is dedicated to programming that educates the campus community about women's and gender issues. Volunteers can assist with the planning, coordination, and implementation of many of our programs and events. If you are looking for a place to get involved and learn more about gender-related programming, please visit GobblerConnect to complete the Women's Center Information Form.
Internships & Field Study Placements: The Women’s Center regularly hosts student interns from a variety of departments. If you are interested in working with the Center for academic credit, consult the requirements for your major or program and contact us for more information. Every semester we accept interns and field placement studies for special projects at the Women's Center. We will work with internship coordinators in your home department to ensure that you get the experience needed to fulfill course/departmental requirements. Level of commitment will be determined by internship/field placement requirements. Contact Katie Mey to explore possible openings.
Are you looking for an internship or field study for fall 2017? Interested in working on community awareness and education on gender-based violence? Check out the flyer below, and follow this link to learn more and apply! Questions? Contact Katie Mey
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- March is Women's Month!!
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Apply by MAR 31st for a fall 2017 Women's Center Internship! Click here for more information.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a SAVES peer educator. Applications due no later than MAR 31st!
- MAR 29th @ 12-1:30PM, 310 Kelly Hall, VT Women's Alliance Open Meeting