There are many different ways to get involved with the work of the Center. You can attend any of our programs or workshops that are held throughout the school year. You can check out books from our resource library, use our space to have meetings and events. Another way is to work with us is to be a part of our student teams.
STUDENT TEAMS: Women's Center student teams are comprised of volunteers (predominantly undergraduate students) and require some degree of ongoing commitment. Our current directory of student teams includes AWARE and SAVES.
- AWARE: Virginia Tech mentors work with 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls at Blacksburg Middle School for empowerment-based programming.
- Sexual Assault and Violence Education by Students (SAVES): Student-centered, peer education program focused on ending violence against women on our campus and in our community.
If you are interested in getting involved, call the Women's Center and ask to speak with a staff member about volunteer opportunities.
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.