The Women's Center was founded in 1994 to serve the students, faculty, and staff of Virginia Tech. Our mission is to promote a Virginia Tech community that is safe, equitable, and supportive for women and that celebrates their experiences, achievements, and diversity.
A unit of the Office of the Provost, the Women's Center functions in a number of areas:
- Individual Services, Counseling, and Advocacy
- University-wide Advocacy
- Educational Programming
- Gender-based Violence Awareness
- Student Engagement through Volunteerism
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please feel free to explore the site or to visit the Center on the Virginia Tech campus.
The Women's Center is located in the yellow house at 206 Washington Street (between Draper Road and Otey Street). We are conveniently located adjacent to campus and a block from Downtown Blacksburg.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour assistance, please call one of the following:
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Events:
- Thursday, Sept. 1st, 5:30PM @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare begins! If you are an undergraduate or graduate student with children 2+, drop them with our amazing volunteers from Chi Delta Alpha!
- Tuesday, Sept. 6th, 4-6PM @ the Women's Center, Open House & Meet-and-Greet with new staff
- Tuesday, Sept. 20th, 7PM @ Fralin Auditorium, Through Feminist Eyes feat. Kaitlin Boyle, Assistant Professor of Sociology, "Labeling and Reporting Rape on College Campuses: Interactional, Institutional Barriers and Feminist Solutions"
- Wednesday, Sept. 21st, 4-6PM @ Owens Banquet Hall, Welcome Reception for New Women Colleagues (register here)
- Tuesday, Sept. 27th, Noon-1:30PM @ the Inn, AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Luncheon featuring Dr. Menah Pratt-Clarke, vice provost for inclusion & vice president for strategic affairs (to register, visit the AdvanceVT website)
- Thursday, Oct. 27th, Noon-1:30PM @ Owens Banquet Hall, VT Women Connect Networking Luncheon featuring Tracy Vosburgh, Senior Associate Vice President for University Relations (register here)