The Women's Center was founded in 1994 to serve the students, faculty, and staff of Virginia Tech. Our mission is to promote a Virginia Tech community that is safe, equitable, and supportive for women and that celebrates their experiences, achievements, and diversity.
A unit of the Office of the Provost, the Women's Center functions in a number of areas:
- Individual Services, Counseling, and Advocacy
- University-wide Advocacy
- Educational Programming
- Gender-based Violence Awareness
- Student Engagement through Volunteerism
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please feel free to explore the site or to visit the Center on the Virginia Tech campus.
The Women's Center is located in the yellow house at 206 Washington Street (between Draper Road and Otey Street). We are conveniently located adjacent to campus and a block from Downtown Blacksburg.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour assistance, please call one of the following:
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- $tart$mart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27th, Noon-1:30PM @ the Inn, AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Luncheon featuring Dr. Menah Pratt-Clarke, vice provost for inclusion & vice president for strategic affairs (to register, visit the AdvanceVT website)
- Tuesday, Sept. 27th, 5-7PM @ D2 West Flex, "Dialogues Over Debates," a collaborative forum from the Women's Center, Cranwell International Center, and Intercultural Engagement Center (pay your own way)
- Thursday, Sept. 29th, 4-5PM (Smithfield Room, The Inn at VT), VT Women's Alliance Open Meeting
- Thursday, Sept. 29th, 5:30PM @ the Women's Center, Women Influencing the Arts: "Girls Rock Roanoke: Inclusivity & Transformation in Non-Profit Arts Education" (click here for registration and other information; contact Donna with questions)
- Monday, October 3rd, 4-5:30PM @ the Women's Center Lower Level, Women & Wellness: "Trauma Sensitive Yoga" (session 1); click here to register
- Wednesday, Oct. 5th, 12-1:30PM @ the Women's Center, "Dialogues Over Debates," a collaborative forum from the Women's Center, Cranwell International Center, and Intercultural Engagement Center
- Tuesday, Oct. 18th, 7PM @ The Lyric Theatre in downtown Blacksburg, !Women Art Revolution, a film by Lynn Hershman Leeson (co-sponsored by the School of Visual Arts, the Women’s Center, The Lyric Theatre, and the Moss Arts Center)
- Thursday, Oct. 27th, Noon-1:30PM @ Owens Banquet Hall, VT Women Connect Networking Luncheon featuring Tracy Vosburgh, Senior Associate Vice President for University Relations (register here)