The Women's Center at Virginia Tech operates with a commitment to social justice by providing support, assistance, and educational programming. The Center also provides an opportunity for students to build useful skills, develop leadership skills, increase knowledge about women's issues, develop friendships, and help improve the community through a variety of different ways including: volunteering, service learning, work-study, and internships.
Why Get Involved at the Women's Center?
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Build Your Resume
- Make New Friends
- Increase Your Knowledge of Gender Issues
- Help Strengthen the Community
- Educate Your Peers
- Make Your Mark at Virginia Tech
GET INVOLVED TODAY!!
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Are you interested in reserving space at the Women's Center? Click here to submit your request.
- KIDS' NIGHT OUT!, Thursdays @ 6-8:30PM, Women's Center (every Thursday night of the semester except when the university is closed or there is a home football game)
- The Women's Leadership & Mentoring Program (WLMP) is undergoing a thorough program review during the 2017-18 year. The program will resume in 2018-19. Thank you so much for your interest.
- SEPT 15th & 18th, SAVES Interviews
SEPT 23th, 30th & OCT 20th, 9AM-3PM, SAVES Mandatory Training
- SEPT 19th @ 4-6PM, Owens Banquet Hall, Welcome Reception for New Women Colleauges (to RSVP visit here)
- SEPT 28th @ Noon-1:30PM, The Inn at VT, AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Lunch featuring speaker Rachel Holloway, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs (to RSVP visit here)
- OCT 3rd @ 4-5PM (and every Tuesday through December 12th), Women's Center, Working Through Trauma Support Group for Survivors of Sexual Violence, 4-5PM, Women's Center
- OCT 6th @ Noon, North End Center, MeFirst! Fridays: Making Your Job Work for You" (To register, visit the UOPD website, click "Register Now" and search for "MeFirst! Fridays")
- OCT 17th @ 7PM, Fralin Auditorium, Through Feminist Eyes feat. Dr. Shannon Elizabeth Bell, Associate Professor of Sociology, "Fighting Fire with Fire: Fossil Fuel Industries and the Gendering of Public Relations Strategies"
- NOV 8th @7PM, Fralin Auditorium, Through Feminist Eyes feat. Dr. Ashley V. Reichelmann, Assistant Professor of Sociology, “Using Magic to Reimagine Womanhood: Gender, Witchcraft, and Identity Politics”