The Women's Center at Virginia Tech operates with a commitment to social justice by providing support, assistance, and educational programming. The Center also provides an opportunity for students to build useful skills, develop leadership skills, increase knowledge about women's issues, develop friendships, and help improve the community through a variety of different ways including: volunteering, service learning, work-study, and internships.
Why Get Involved at the Women's Center?
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Build Your Resume
- Make New Friends
- Increase Your Knowledge of Gender Issues
- Help Strengthen the Community
- Educate Your Peers
- Make Your Mark at Virginia Tech
GET INVOLVED TODAY!!
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Are you interested in reserving space at the Women's Center? Click here to submit your request.
- MARCH IS WOMEN'S MONTH!
- KIDS' NIGHT OUT! Click here to register for a slot on Thursday, March 22
- Need a Field Study or Internship? Learn more about opportunities at the Women's Center. Deadline to apply is March 22.
- MON, MAR 19 @ 5-6:30PM (Blacksburg Taphouse), Social Meet Up with the VT Women's Alliance and Caucus
- MON, MAR 19 @ 6:30-8PM (Moss Arts Center), Careers in Tech: Exploring Data Centers with Facebook, Google, and Microsoft (co-sponsored by the VT Women's Alliance & Caucus)
- SAT, MAR 31 @ 10A-1PM (Squires Student Center), Second Annual leadHERship Conference, sponsored by the Women’s Center; register by 3/16 (bit.ly/vtleadhership2018)
- FRI, APR 6 @ Noon (North End Center), MeFirst! Fridays: Preparing for Aging Relatives (register here, search for "MeFirst! Friday")
- FRI, APR 20 @ 7PM (Tech Softball Park), Social Meet Up: VT Women's Softball, hosted by VT Women's Alliance and Caucus and #Supportwomenssports