Women’s Center Signature Programs
- Women's Month – This annual March celebration recognizes, affirms and showcases the achievements, concerns and diversity of women. It is the combined effort of students, faculty, staff, and administrators at Virginia Tech as well as activists, residents, and civic leaders of the surrounding communities.
- Women’s Leadership & Mentoring Program (WLMP) – This program provides a cohort-based experience for professionals who may be new to supervisory responsibilities, new in their position, or new to Virginia Tech, in a series of sessions on topics related to professional development.
- “Me First!” Fridays Professional Development series – In cooperation with the Staff Senate, the Women’s Center is excited to offer program, designed to provide Virginia Tech’s staff women with a monthly, brownbag series of sessions on topics related to professional development
- Women and Wellness – Bringing together campus and community resources to promote health and work/life integration for VT staff, student, and faculty women.
- $tart$mart Salary Negotiation Workshops – A campus initiative developed to empower college women and provide them with the tools to negotiate salaries and benefits as they approach the job market.
Women’s Center Collaborative Programs
- AdvanceVT/Women’s Center Leadership Lunch Series – A series designed to provide women faculty with the opportunity to learn from and interact with current academic leaders, as well as to meet and network with other women from across the campus.
- Through Feminist Eyes - In collaboration with the Women's and Gender Studies Program, this speaker series is intended to provide additional opportunities for undergraduate WGS students to engage feminist scholarship, specifically the breadth of feminist scholarship taking place at Virginia Tech.
- Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP) - These interactive workshops utilize courageous leadership and bystander intervention techniques to prevent gender-based violence.
- Red Flag Campaign – This campaign is part of a statewide effort led by the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance to address relationship violence on Virginia’s college and university campuses.
- White Ribbon Campaign – An opportunity for Virginia Tech men to take a stand against the small percentage of men who perpetrate violence against those who are closest to them, in particular women and girls. The White Ribbon Campaign is a project of the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets' Echo Company with support from the Women's Center.
- VT Women Connect – Virginia Tech supports the mission of the Virginia Network through VT Women Connect (VTWC). VTWC promotes, develops and supports Virginia Tech’s professional women by providing a forum to forge relationships, develop supportive networks, and share ideas and information.
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Are you interested in reserving space at the Women's Center? Click here to submit your request.
- KIDS' NIGHT OUT!, Thursdays @ 6-8:30PM, Women's Center (every Thursday night of the semester except when the university is closed or there is a home football game)
- The Women's Leadership & Mentoring Program (WLMP) is undergoing a thorough program review during the 2017-18 year. The program will resume in 2018-19. Thank you so much for your interest.
- SEPT 15th & 18th, SAVES Interviews
SEPT 23th, 30th & OCT 20th, 9AM-3PM, SAVES Mandatory Training
- SEPT 19th @ 4-6PM, Owens Banquet Hall, Welcome Reception for New Women Colleauges (to RSVP visit here)
- SEPT 28th @ Noon-1:30PM, The Inn at VT, AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Lunch featuring speaker Rachel Holloway, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs (to RSVP visit here)
- OCT 3rd @ 4-5PM (and every Tuesday through December 12th), Women's Center, Working Through Trauma Support Group for Survivors of Sexual Violence, 4-5PM, Women's Center
- OCT 6th @ Noon, North End Center, MeFirst! Fridays: Making Your Job Work for You" (To register, visit the UOPD website, click "Register Now" and search for "MeFirst! Fridays")
- OCT 17th @ 7PM, Fralin Auditorium, Through Feminist Eyes feat. Dr. Shannon Elizabeth Bell, Associate Professor of Sociology, "Fighting Fire with Fire: Fossil Fuel Industries and the Gendering of Public Relations Strategies"
- NOV 8th @7PM, Fralin Auditorium, Through Feminist Eyes feat. Dr. Ashley V. Reichelmann, Assistant Professor of Sociology, “Using Magic to Reimagine Womanhood: Gender, Witchcraft, and Identity Politics”