Through Feminist Eyes, in collaboration with the Women's and Gender Studies Program in the Department of Sociology, is intended to provide additional opportunities for undergraduate WGS students to engage feminist scholarship, specifically the breadth of feminist scholarship taking place at Virginia Tech. This program is offered in the Fall of each year.
If you are interested in a particular speaker or topic for Through Feminist Eyes, contact Mallory Foutch in the fall.
The 2016 Through Feminist Eyes line-up:
Tuesday, September 20th @ 7 p.m., Fralin Auditorium: Kaitlin Boyle, Assistant Professor of Sociology, "Labeling and Reporting Rape on College Campuses: Interactional, Institutional Barriers and Feminist Solutions"
- Wednesday, October 19th @ 7 p.m., Fralin Auditorium: Vinodh Venkatesh, Associate Professor of Spanish, "Adding the L to LGBTQ: Reflections on Same-Sex Desire in the Latin American Screen"
- Tuesday, November 15th @ 7 p.m., Fralin Auditorium: Rebecca Hester, Assistant Professor of Science and Techology in Society, "Death by Policy: Gender, Migration, and State-Sanctioned Violence in the Case of Latin American Migrants in the United States"
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806<
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.